Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brandy Finger


The original recipe called for Whisky and the name was supposed to be "Whisky Finger". But I don't have Whisky, only have Brandy at home, so improvised. According to the recipe, I was supposed to soak the sultanas/ raisins overnight, but I wanted to serve this as tonight's after dinner dessert, hence only managed to soak the raisins for 1 hour plus, so some of the raisins were not that plump yet. I've also reduced about 10ml of brandy just in case it's too strong, but after trying them, I think it's fine to have the full amount in.




My Auntie who's a fan of raisins of course love this cake. Everyone tried this and I thought there was a fair amount of liking towards this butter based cake and the brownies I made. Packed some for aunt to bring back because she said she couldn't fit anymore in her stomach but was really liking them. Kept one slice for mum, 4 slices for tasters and the rest were all gone.


This would be a good recipe to turn into a Rum and Raisins cake. Had just asked MC to pick up a bottle of rum for me at the duty free when she travels to/ back from Amsterdam.

6 comments:

MasterChef said...

Do I really have to go to Amsterdam? Sigh.. regardless of how many times i asked myself this.. i know the answer is yes.. so might as well not think about it and get it over and done with right? Heh.. i am always so blue before i need to travel!

Yes! Rum will be much better.
Off to sleep now. NIGHT!

TTB said...

Poor thing. I wish you don't need to travel so soon too. And better, I hope I'm travelling with you :). But enjoy your trip k, we'll do max hang out when you come back.

Anonymous said...

kesian MC travelling liddat... Hope u enjoy the sights in Amsterdam.


Am I having some of these (and the brownies?) *drool*


LGM

TTB said...

LGM, I tot you only do banana cupcakes. I don't have anymore brownies, but I have 2 pieces of this brandy fingers, interested? :)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!

LGM

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE!!!!! tenkiuuu

Next time drunken raisins in banana muffins, can? lololxxx

LGM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin