Sunday, November 28, 2010

Denim and Diamond



Yay! The hectic week is over! I am official taking a break tonight (finally!) and can afford to write a little more :p

It was such an honour to be able to supply for ING's annual dinner event. It was scary as well (the scary part is at the end of this blog) because it was a really big order, something I had never done before. So, I was so glad that I was given the chance even though I have no record of supplying to corporate annual dinner event. One milestone achieved thanks to people who believed in TeaRoom ^^


The dinner theme was "Denim and Diamond" and I thought this was a really clear theme. The challenge was - how to have "fabric" on cakes? So thanks to the wonders of technology, I was able to arranged for this edible print which turned out to look really like denim fabric. Even my mum think so when she walked passed my work desk (I always use mum to "test" and see if my artwork is real enough, if she can guess, then I am safe, haha...)

The edible print image result was fantastic, don't you think? I was really impressed with the outcome myself!

Added a "leather" strap and since it's "diamond" theme, so I didn't use gold, but used silver colours.

I didn't have the heart to poke the cake with candles, and I am sure customer won't have the heart to poke any onto the cake too. So this sugar "box" was part of my proposed design for the candle.

Now, the really "diamond" part... I wanted to keep the cake fully edible so strictly no non-edible "diamonds" (bling bling) on the cake (handbag), therefore, the "diamonds" went onto the sandal.

Here is the "diamond" studded heel! Had a headache after finished sticking all the diamonds haha... :s


This was a birthday cake for the CEO and the organizer told me that she normally wears peep toes, that's why this design. The denim print went onto the sandal too, so handbag and sandal were one set.

A sandal of the ING brand :)

3 inches heel made out of sugarpaste, in front of a 9 inches long handbag made out of a butter cake

Fondant covered cake board with ribbon and diamond decorations.

Love those denim "fabric"!!!


And so end the story of the birthday cake... now comes to the "scary" part..



The 108 pieces of 3D lions which took me many MANY hours. I even took fondant with me during my Penang trip to make lions, my tag line during the last few weeks was "eat lion, sleep lion, drink more coffee!!"

Each table got a box of mini cupcakes with the ING tag line "With you for life" and the corporate lion figurine.

The End :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesssssssooooooooooomeeeeeeee Job TTB! Wow.......salute u and your effort and your patience and your baking!!!!

TD :)

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome cake. Can you share where you got your edible image done?

Bel Jee said...

The edible image was ordered at Pastry Pro.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin